The students and the teachers participate regularly in national and international workshops, which in turn benefit the students enormously. Some of the important such events organized by the Department in BUET in the recent years are:
- Joint Studio Workshop of Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Department of Architecture, Level 4/Term-1 and Kyushu University (KU) of Japan, Department of Environmental Design on “Old Dhaka Urban Rejuvenation with Focus on Heritage Integration” organized by Department of Architecture, BUET on 27 May, 2015 at Seminar Room, BUET.
- Half-Day Workshop on “Research Methodology”, 21 Dec. 2014
- One-Day Workshop on “Global perspective on emerging pedagogy in architectural history”, 20 Dec. 2014
- Six Day Workshop on Regeneration of Urban Brown Field Hazraibagh, Dhaka, jointly organized by: Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, and Kyushu University, Japan, 17 - 22 August 2014
- Two-Day Workshop on Building Services for Professionals, organized by Department of Architecture, BUET in collaboration with College of Architecture, Texas A& M University (TAMU), USA and Institute of Architects Bangladesh, 27-28 June 2014.
- Two-Day UNEP-BUET Workshop, organized by Department of Architecture, BUET under De Minimis Funding Agreement (DMFA), relating to the Sustainable Social Housing Initiative (SUSHI), 26 -27 April 2014.
- Three-Day Workshop on Capacity Building on Fire Safety in RMG Factories, Department of Architecture, BUET, Dhaka, 26 Sep, 30 Sep and 02 Oct, 2013.
- A two-day workshop “LEED GREEN ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATION: Sustainable Design Core Principles &
- Strategies”, held during 21-22 June 2012, at the Department of Architecture, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- A four-day International Workshop on “[RE] VISITING RAMNA / [RE] MAPPING THE PLACE” jointly organized by BUET and Cloven in association with the IAB and OS A, Cloven from 11-14 September 2011 at BUET I TN centre, Dhaka.
- A two-day workshop on “Performance based Design: Introduction to computer based lighting simulation techniques” arranged by the departments Green Architecture Cell (Grace) at the Department’s Computer Laboratory in June 2011.
- A one day workshop on “SPACE SYNTAX – An Evidence Based Methodology Towards Sustainable Urban Development” on 08 June, 2010 organized by the Department in the Central Auditorium, BUET
- A one day workshop on Integrating the “Urban Water Bodies in Dhaka’s Fabric: An Imperative Issue of Sustainable City”, was organized by the Department of Architecture, BUET on 31 October 2009 at the BUET Central Auditorium.
Besides these, workshops on Design Studios (March 2009), Project Management for Architects (December 2007), Fire Safety in Building (November 2007), Architectural Appreciation for Engineers (February 2007), Research in Architecture (January 2007), Lakes of Dhaka City: Problems and prospects (April 2001), Climate Conscious Design in Architecture (April, 1990) were arranged by the Department. Workshop on Architectural Conservation in 1989 reflected the result of fruitful partnership between the Department of Architecture, BUET, the Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC) and the IAB.