Architecture Alumni Association of BUET (ArcAAB) was founded in July 2001, with the following objectives:
- To establish and maintain a bridge between the alumni (i.e. the graduates and post-graduates) and the Department of Architecture, BUET (i.e. the Alma Mater).
- To create an environment for the exploration and sustainability of all possible methods through which the alumni can participate in the enrichment of the profession and the Department for mutual benefits.
- To monitor by periodical evaluation the development, application, standing and influence of architecture in different sectors of the society, culture and economy and to find ways and means to broaden the scope of participation and contribution of the alumni.
- To provide a platform whereby the Association can correlate with different development works.
- To promote the welfare of the members and their immediate families.
- To protect the academic, professional and civic rights of the alumni.
- To establish, safeguard and further the professional well being of the association such as to uphold, endorse and promote the professional interests of the members of the Association.
- •To keep the alumni informed about each other.
- To make information available to the alumni with regard to development activities of the Department
- & the alumni.
- To publish periodicals and to host seminars, workshops, exhibitions & competitions.
- To provide recreational facilities for the alumni.
- To take effective measures for the creation of a permanent fund called the "ArcAAB Welfare Fund', for attainment of the following objectives:
a.To offer scholarships and loans to deserving undergraduate and postgraduate students.
b.To purchase relevant books and journals for the department.
c.To help procure materials and equipment for the department studio works and other research projects.
d.To provide travel & other expenses to ArcAAB members for attending conferences/ seminars abroad.
- To help the Department keep pace with architectural education worldwide.
- To undertake any other activity which the Association deems necessary for the interest of the Alumni, the Department, the University and the country at large.
- To raise funds and acquire assets in pursuance of the objectives of the Association, & enter into contracts with second parties as necessary.
- To maintain liaison with Alumni Associations with similar objectives at home and abroad.